Welcome to the Department of Dermatology at UC San Diego. Clinical dermatology and the science of cutaneous biology is a challenging and satisfying lifelong mission. We strive to provide a training program that can prepare our residents to become leaders in their field by providing a strong and multifaceted foundation in medical dermatology, dermatopathology, procedural dermatology, clinical and basic research.
Our program has attracted candidates with outstanding qualifications from top training centers around the country. Each year, we receive several hundred applicants for the four incoming positions and offer 30-40 interviews.
We welcome your interest and look forward to receiving your application. We wish you success in your endeavors.
Please note that we participate in the ERAS program. Completed applications will be accepted only in this format and are due no later than: October 1, 2016.
Interview dates: January 12 & 26, 2017
For issues regarding interview dates, please email: email@example.com
Residency Program Director:
Taraneh Paravar, MD
Residency Program Coordinator:
Residency Start Date: July 1, 2018
Length of Program: 3 years
Application Deadline: October 1, 2016
Does your program accept applicants who are already board certified in another specialty or who have done a prior residency?
- Yes, our program can accept applicants who have completed another residency program or are board certified in another specialty.
What salary or benefits do UCSD Dermatology residents receive?
What are the required documents for application to your program?
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement (preferably one page)
- Curriculum Vitae
- At least three Letters of Recommendation (We will accept up to four.)
- USMLE Scores
- USMLE Step II (both CS and CK) must be completed well before the start of residency. A Step II score is not necessary to be interviewed.
What is the status of my application to your program?
- Refer to ERAS for the status of your applications. We review applications in October and most applicants who are selected for interview will be notified by the end of November. If selected for interviewing, you will be notified by email. Our interview dates are January 12th and January 26th, 2017.
I've rotated with UCSD Dermatology. Am I guaranteed an interview?
- Completing a dermatology rotation at UCSD does not guarantee that an interview will be offered to the rotator should they apply for a Dermatology Residency Position.
Are International Medical Graduates accepted as applicants to the program?
Please note that UCSD Dermatology receives over 400 applications each year and is typically only able to offer 30-40 interviews. Due to this, we are unable to offer interviews to many exceptionally qualified and impressive candidates.